- Enjoy the high, but don’t lose yourself in it.
- Keep your schedule, no matter how much you want to throw it over.
- Acknowledge you are under the influence of some powerful hormones.
- Get the nutrition, rest and relaxation that you need to stay physically, emotionally, and mentally sound.
- When concerns and fears come into your mind about your lover, ask yourself if you are just trying to discharge the anxiety that you feel about the unknown, so that you can stop a personal drama in its track.
- Don’t rush to seal the relationship, just because you can’t stand the anxiety of having to go through the stages of falling in love. Accept your anxiety and learn to work with it.
- Research shows that falling in love also makes you more creative. So, work out that anxiety and fear through some creative activities.
- Don’t lower your defenses, personal boundaries, and expectations to the extent that you are denying what you really desire and need. This never works out well. You want to build an authentic relationship attachment, rather than one based on fantasy alone.